Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Cooking with Cabbage - Part 2

Pop's Cabbage Burger Soup

It's finally here! This is absolutely my most favorite soup in the world. The recipe belongs to my grandfather, who is my family's head culinary creator. He was an Army mess sargent during the Korean War, and learned a wealth of knowledge he has lovingly shared with us. I am sure much of my love for this soup is emotionally-based, but I really do think it tastes great and is super simple. I made it this past weekend, and am still enjoying the left overs.


Brown 1 lb. ground beef
Add 1 cup chopped onions during the browning
If you are using high-fat burger, be sure to drain most of it off.

Chop cabbage finely. I use half of a large head of cabbage.


Add a 15 oz can of tomoto sauce, a 15 oz can of dark red kidney beans, and the cabbage to the ground beef. Also add two cans of water. Season with celery salt, ground black pepper and garlic powder.

Enjoy with your favorite corn bread and large glass of milk!

If you try this, please let me know how you like it. You are also welcome to share your mofications.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...